Calculemus is a series of conferences dedicated to the integration of computer algebra systems (CAS) and systems for mechanised reasoning, the interactive theorem provers or proof assistants (PA) and the automated theorem provers (ATP).
Currently, symbolic computation is divided into several (more or less) independent branches: traditional ones (e.g., computer algebra and mechanised reasoning) as well as newly emerging ones (on user interfaces, knowledge management, theory exploration, etc.) The main concern of the Calculemus community is to bring these developments together in order to facilitate the theory, design, and implementation of integrated systems for computer mathematics that will routinely be used by mathematicians, computer scientists and engineers in their every day business.
We seek original research papers and extended abstracts for the upcoming Calculemus meeting, which will be held jointly with AISC 2010 and MKM 2010 (confederated in the Conferences on Intelligent Computer Mathematics, CICM 2010) in Paris, France.
The scope of Calculemus covers all aspects of the interplay of mechanised reasoning and computer algebra, including cross-fertilisation between those two research areas, as well as the development of integrated systems that transcend both computer algebra and theorem proving. Potential topics of interest include:
- Theorem proving in computer algebra (CAS)
- Computer algebra in theorem proving (PA and ATP)
- Case studies and applications that both involve computer algebra and mechanised reasoning
- Representation of mathematics in computer algebra
- Adding computational capabilities to PA and ATP
- Formal methods requiring mixed computing and proving
- Combining methods of symbolic computation and formal deduction
- Mathematical computation in PA and ATP
- Theory, design and implementation of interdisciplinary systems for computer mathematics
- Infrastructure for mathematical services
- Theory exploration techniques
Papers on other topics with strong links to the above research topics will also be welcomed for consideration.